- Slice it about 1/4th of an inch thick (more or less depending on whether you prefer creamy or crispy) and
- set it in a pan with oil pre-heated to around 350 degrees. Peanut oil is preferred but most will work.
- Fry on one side until the bottom is golden brown, then flip and brown the other side. The longer the fry the crispier the KY Scrapple!
- Your Bush Lane Farms Kentucky Scrapple is shipped frozen.
- This preserves the flavors and extends the shelf life considerably.
- If you want to eat some but don't want to thaw the entire pound, thaw it until you can get a knife through the loaf.
- Cut off the part you want to cook, and
- Return the rest to the freezer.
- If you buy it frozen you can thaw it in the refridgerator and enjoy for days!
- Remember Bush Lane Farms Kentucky Scrapple is already cooked!
- You can prepare it and know you won't end up with "raw" meat.
- We cook it first so you can enjoy it quicker!
Here are some other ideas for KY Scrapple:
- Crumble cooked Scrapple and use in a breakfast burrito or on a pizza
- Crumble and use in baked beans (from a Lagrange Farmers Market patron)
- Patty it out in the size/shape of a burger, fry it and put it on a bun
- Use some cooked KY Scrapple in a breakfast casserole
- How about a Scrapple/Egg melt with smoked cheddar?